The readers of USA Today voted Lucayan National Park (LNP) seventh on the list of Top 10 attractions in the Caribbean in the publication’s 2023 Readers’ Choice Awards, which asks readers to pick their favorites from a list of 20 nominated by travel experts in categories such as food, lodging and attractions.
Lucayan National Park is a fantastic place to explore the stunning beauty of Grand Bahama. The Park is the largest designated park within the Bahamas, covering over 40 acres of pristine land and aquatic environment. Visitors to the park can explore an array of activities and attractions, including:
1. Walking & Hiking Trails: There are two trails that run the length of the park. The beachside ‘Ocean Trail’, a 3.5 km roundtrip, and the ‘Mangrove Forest Trail’, a 4.5 km roundtrip.
2. Birdwatching & Photography: Due to the park’s plethora of diverse wildlife, including herons, egrets, coots, and wading birds, Lucaya National Park is a great spot for birdwatching and photography.
3. Kayaking & Snorkeling: The park is a haven for water of all kinds, so if you love sea life, you’ll love this park as it provides easy access to various opportunities for kayaking and snorkeling.
4. Picnicking & Barbecues: Visitors can have a picnic or host a barbecue at one of the park’s designated picnic areas.
5. Nature Center: Located near the park’s entrance is a Nature Center and a small museum featuring the history of the park, the ecology of the park, and its wildlife exhibits.
6. Nature Programs: The Lucayan National Park offers programs for schoolchildren, such as guided walks, beach visits, and environmental education classes.
— Read on thenassauguardian.com/top-10-ranking-for-gbs-lucayan-national-park/